Saturday, April 12, 2008

Lauren's First Kiss

On our last day in Mexico, Lauren came up to me with the most excited look on her face. She was totally animated and said, "Mom! Oliver kissed me and I kissed him and we love each other!"
Kristy: Really?
Lauren: Yeah!
Kristy: Where did you kiss each other?
Lauren: (pointing to her cheek) right here.
Kristy: Oh. (trying to contain my laughter)

A few minutes later, Lauren is quiet in contemplation as she looks out the window.

Lauren: Mom?
Kristy: yeah?
Lauren: Mom, can I marry Oliver? 'Cuz we love each other and he a boy and he not in our family.
Kristy: Maybe.

The next day....

Kristy: Lauren, did you tell Camryn about Oliver?
Camryn: What?!
Lauren: Oh, I will tell you later, okay Camryn?
Camryn: What?
Lauren: Oliver kissed me and I kissed him and we loved each other.
Camryn: On the lips?!!!
Lauren: no, right here.
Camryn and Lauren then both doubled over laughing.

Who knew this started at 3 1/2!!! I suddenly had images of the future flash before my eyes. I don't know if I'm ready for this!

8 comments:

Mark and Meghan said...

how cute...yes she can marry oliver!!! lauren and oliver sound cute together!!! :) but you're totally not ready for it...i mean i wouldn't be!!

Katie Hendrickson said...

I'm laughing so hard....we are going to have our hands full with these two second children!! What are we going to do? I think about the future every day as she tries to put on my lip gloss and show me the "right way" to kiss Daddy. AHHHHHHHH!

Allison said...

Oh Kristy! I love it so much! We miss you guys. Dad told us this story but it is so much better firsthand. Love you!

Anonymous said...

They should make a sitcom about your family... you guys keep me in stitches!

Pyatt said...

Kristy,

We have finally entered the blogging world!! I feel like I can talk to you everyday!! We so need to pin a date for our San Fran trip!! Can't wait!! Love your guts!!

Jamie

Allison said...

I miss your blog and your stories! I hope you haven't given up forever. Love you!

Mimi said...

Ok Kristy, I'm not sure you even check these comments but I saw a picture of you in a friends Harvard wives pic and had to hunt you down. My brother Michael and his wife Jen said they know you and will be at HBS this fall - they already live in Cambridge. Seeing your pic brought back happy memories. I think you are the greatest person and loved reading about your family.

Anne said...

Krisy,

I love this story. We should not let Jaxon anywhere near her, as he may get in on the kissing too. He loves loves girls, so yes it happens early. I love all your pictures of Cancun. It looks like you had a well deserved vacation. Glad to have come upon your blog. Now we can keep in better contact.

Anne Copeland

candacopeland.blogspot.com