Monday, April 7, 2008

Motherhood.....Ahhh!


I just spent the last hour making a spaghetti and meatball casserol. It was all made in the pan, and laying on the counter, but wasn't cooked yet. I went upstairs to get Johnny up from his "nap" (if 40 minutes can be called that) and when I came back downstairs I noticed the casserol looked darker than before. On closer inspection I found that Lauren had sprinkled--no, dumped is more like it-- pepper all over the WHOLE thing. A lot of pepper!!! Now, I wish I could say that I turned a disaster into a wonderful teaching moment and a funny memory. I didn't. I yelled at her and put her in time out for a good long time. (she's actually still there). I guess it is kind of funny... now. :)

5 comments:

mindy said...

I'm so sorry! That has to be the most frustrating thing to spend time making dinner and have it ruined.

Mark and Meghan said...

agghhhhh!!! i was actually laughing, eventhough i know i would've been just like you (probably worse) little stinker!!!

Katie Hendrickson said...

I think Kimberly and Lauren are the same person in two different bodies. And your yelling is my talking! ha ha Isn't motherhood delightful some days? Braden has been crying ALL DAY (I'm not kidding) and I'm counting every minute til I take him to the doc!
xoxo

Brooke said...

I would have yelled too. Stuff like that always seems to happen in the few seconds you step away.

Sara said...

SHE KILLS ME!!!!