Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Johnny Turns 4!


I just had to write a few things about Johnny on his birthday. I can't tell you how much I love this little boy. Part of me can't believe he's 4, but a bigger part of me can't believe he is only 4, because I can't believe that there was ever a time that he wasn't a part our family. I can't even imagine my life or our family without him in it and it seems that I've known him for a lot more than 4 years.
Yesterday, we had a speech assessment done on him so he can start getting speech therapy. He was so cute, he yelled out all the answers to every question with such energy and confidence! :) Anyway, after the interview, the lady said to him, "what's it like to be the only boy with all these sisters?!" Johnny thought for a second and said, "well...I have my dad!" It was so cute, because Johnny truly LOVES his dad and feels such a connection to him. Whenever Greg is home, Johnny is his little shadow...following him everywhere and just talking his ear off :) He always says, "We the boys!"
Today Johnny said, "Mom, I can't believe I the birthday boy!" Johnny's present from me today was that I played cars with him on the floor for over an hour---something I never do and should do more of. (now we have to move all the cars over here and fill them up with gas...now we have to drive all the cars to Wendy's...now we ......) Good for all you mom's who do this on a daily basis! I don't know how you do it! Luckily Johnny's usually just as content doing it alone :) I did enjoy it today.
I also just wanted to write about Johnny's prayer tonight. I love hearing what comes out of his mouth/brain/heart..."Heavenly Father, thank you for this day...all about Jesus never die on the cross again and he go up in heaven and he stay there so he safe so the bad men can't never kill him again..."
I love you Johnny!

4 comments:

Teresa Whitehead said...

Happy birthday, Johnny! And good for your mom for playing cars for an hour--definitely an act of love!!

Pyatt said...

That is the sweetest post Kristy!! I think Mackenzie is going to write Johnny on his mission! :)

Mark and Meghan said...

happy birthday big slice! we love and miss you!

kris i love the things you wrote about him! he really is so sweet!

xoxo

Kathryn said...

Love this post! Johnny is adorable...I hope to see you guys sooner rather than later! Blog more so I can be in the loop :)
Love you so much!