Friday, February 22, 2008

MORTIFYING!!!


This week the most mortifying thing happened!!! Some friends of ours came to visit us from New York and I took the kids swimming at their hotel. When we finished swimming we got on the elevator to go up to their hotel room. My friend and I got on the elevator with our kids and right before the elevator doors closed a large woman got on and stood right in front of Lauren. Lauren bent down to Johnny and said, "Hey bud! You see the big flubby lady?!" (flubby= some mix between fat, flabby and bumpy) The following 30 seconds were the longest of my life! We all pretended that we hadn't heard or understood what she'd said. We just stood there frozen-- DYING inside! I feel so bad! Poor lady, whoever she is! And Lauren, she has no idea what she even said. Ah!

6 comments:

carlston said...

Hi Kristy... I found your blog. I am excited that you have one - I have such mixed feelings about blogging, however, it's fun when old friends can see what's going on in each others lives. Your children are so darling. Camryn looks just like you and your little Lauren reminds me so much of my Charlie (he's my second)... they say the funniest things. I hope you don't mind if I check your blog every now and then. You look great. We need to meet in SLC one day and catch up in person. Love, Callie

Katie Hendrickson said...

I'm hysterically laughing right now!!!!! Your kids are the best~ I wish you were closer.
xoxo

Allison said...

Oh my gosh! Scott and I can't stop laughing! We miss you guys so much. Love you Kris!

Mark and Meghan said...

ummmmm...i would've died! but totally would've pretended i had no clue what my child said either!

and sad that she didn't save the starburst for porter! :) haha

Corinne said...

that is the best picture of Lauren! I love it...I laugh every time I think about this story!!

Danielle said...

Hi Kristy! I thought I better search for your blog when Greg told me he'd be sure and send the link...it was great to see him when he came for the job interview. Your kids are just adorable and that story is great. Brad couldn't stop laughing and I can totally imagine one of my children doing the same thing. Hopefully we can keep in touch-I also have Barret and Nicole's blog linked to my page. Talk to you soon!