Sunday, September 1, 2013

3 of my greatests Loves

                                                                     My Kids
I'm so grateful that my children have been able to spend time with nana and get to know her.  What a blessing to not only know your grandparents, but also your great grandparents!  Although we don't get to spend as much time with family as I would like to, they all love nana so much and love to spend time with her and at "nana's house" which is what Samantha calls the cabin. :)
                                                                 THE CABIN
My childhood is filled with wonderful memories of being up at the cabin with family, aunts, uncles, and lots of cousins and of course my grandparents.  It brings me so much joy to see my children loving and experiencing the cabin like I did.  This year before we went to Utah, Johnny said, "Mom, I have to go to the cabin!  I'm homesick for the cabin!" 

                                                                MY GRANDMA :)
                                         I've been so blessed to have my grandma in my life for 38 years now.  I   love her with all my heart and I look up to her in countless ways.  She's has always been one of my dearest friends.  She always makes me feel loved and special--as she does with everyone else too.  She is no respecter of persons, she is genuinely interested in everyone she meets.  She's never met anyone who isn't thought of as a friend.  She is 87 and still loves to explore new places, learn about new things, reads all the time, exercises regularly, and is interested in all of her children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren.  My childhood is filled with memories of being with my grandma and LOVING it.  I remember her always humming, teaching us how to speak correctly :), having us over for sleep overs and making sure we ate fruit, taking me shopping on my birthday, out to lunch or breakfast when she felt I needed a little extra care or attention.  Always believing in me and my potential.  Thinking much more highly of me than I thought of myself--but making me want to live up to what she thought I was.  I named my first daughter after her.  I pray we can all be more like her.  I love you grandma.    

No comments: